Student Visa for Bulgaria
Non-EU/EEA and Swiss country nationals are required to get a visa in order to study in the Republic of Bulgaria. EU nationals do not require a visa to study in the Republic of Bulgaria.
EU and non-EU nationals from countries that have signed bilateral agreements with Bulgaria related to Visa-free entry, including Mexico, Andorra, Honduras, Australia, Japan, Brazil, Guatemala, Brunei, New Zealand, Canada, Panama, Vatican, Chile, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Venezuela, El Salvador, the USA, Macao, Israel, San Marino, Malaysia, Monaco, Uruguay, Nicaragua, Singapore, Paraguay, and Republic of Korea do not need visa clearance in order to enter Bulgaria.
Bulgarian Student Visa- Type D
Bulgarian student visa is valid for a period of 3 to 6 months. International students after receiving the acceptance letter from the higher education institution in Bulgaria must apply for visa at their nearest Bulgarian embassy/consulate
Fill in the visa application form and submit it along with the required documents:
- A copy of valid passport and photos
- Acceptance letter issued from the respective higher education institution in Bulgaria
- Medical insurance valid for the EU member states
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- Proof of sufficient financial resources
- Ticket booking confirmation
- Proof of accommodation in Bulgaria
- Educational documents
Student Residence Permit
Students after entering Bulgaria must apply for residency permit/long-term stay permit in the Republic of Bulgaria. International students must apply for the residence permit at the closest Bulgarian Migration department office of the National Migration Directorate. This permit is valid for a period of 1 year. Student residency permit is given to the student, foreigners for carrying out scientific research, trainees, foreigners on business tours and scholars. Students are given a Bulgarian identity card for long-term student permit.
- Application form
- A copy of valid national passport
- Clean criminal records
- Proof of accommodation in Bulgaria: An official contract for address proof
- Evidence of health insurance for EU nationals, and mandatory health insurance for the entire period of stay in Bulgaria for non-EU nationals
- Evidence of adequate financial resources to cover the expenses for the entire period of stay in Bulgarian: It must be a certified copy of the financial support declaration by your parents, and attested by a Notary public. Bank statements can also be submitted as an evidence of financial means.
- Document issued by Bulgarian educational institution indicating that you are registered as a full-time student in the institution.
- Acceptance letter/admission letter issued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria
Fees: The student residence permit fees must be paid the Migration office bank.
- Application fee: 5 EUR
- Fee for 1 year is 250 EUR
- Fee for Bulgarian identity card is 22.5 EUR
Processing time: 14 days
To know more about the Bulgarian student visa and residence permit, contact your nearest Bulgarian embassy or visit official website of Study in Bulgaria https://studyinbulgaria.bg/